Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kindergarten

DRAMA: 5 minutes before we needed to leave and I found Savannah changing her clothes! She will, if I let her, change ten times before deciding on the original outfit (I know her very well). So I told her no and that we needed to leave. And so the drama began . . .

In the car she was not happy to have a photographer presentand the situation did not improve once we arrived. She clung to me like crazy and I finally just had to leave her holding hands with Mrs. Cammack during the flag ceremony, looking like she was about to burst out crying. I'm not a mom who's worried about her - I'm more worried about her poor teacher because I know half of this is just Savannah-drama and she's really fine.
coming back from the flag ceremony
She escaped the kindergarten ranks to join mom and dad so Nate gave her a little pep talk and walked her to the classroom door where all the kids and Mrs. Cammack waved good-bye to many teary-eyed parents. I was not one of them. I am actually shocked that I didn't get teary at all, but I think it's because I was too confused as to why Savy was acting that way because it's really not her personality. All I can do is figure it was the morning clothing drama . . . girls!
This is how she came home:
Much better. Drama over.
She's most excited to learn to read.
They went to P.I.E. (P.E.) and not matter how many times Nate and I corrected her, it's still P.I.E. Oh well.
She went perfectly fine today and there was no clothing drama.
Halleluliah!

6 comments:

sherry said...

Oh, the drama of having girls! I hate to tell you it only gets worse. WE are "looking forward" to puberty at our house;) Yeah, I'm having another one!

Megan said...

Glad the day ended up okay. She looks so cute for her first day.

Nina Jones said...

Just for the record this is a girl and you have 3 oh my goodness good luck.... I am glad the day got better I just can't believe she is Kindergarten......

The Scotts said...

Oh the clothing drama! I feel like I am always doing laundry because Abby changes a million times to. Glad that she came home smiling!

Sara"Fantabulous" Smith said...

Do you guys always start Kindergarten that early? School doesn't start here until the day after labor day. And hilarious about the clothing drama. Tori starts school next year but I already have to be the "fashion police" to her.

Mandy said...

She looks so cute! I laughed when I saw her outfit as I had just purchased that same one for Ryley.