Monday, October 6, 2008

my weekend


was fabulous!

I always LOVE General Conference weekend and this weekend was no exception. I especially enjoyed it because it's been a year since I really watched a conference. Last April I tried to time my delivery around it, but when it came down to being one or two weeks overdue, I just couldn't go two. And so, I had her the day before conference. I came home from the hospital on Saturday with my new baby and then Sunday I just couldn't stay awake. I managed only two talks -- the one about motherhood and then Pres. Monson's final talk.

So this weekend, I made lots of good snacks (homemade salsa, caramel popcorn, cookies, breakfast quiche, you get the idea. . . ) to keep us from dozing and it turns out they really weren't necessary because ALL the talks were amazing and caught my attention for one reason or another. There were so many good ones that I can't wait to get the Ensign and read them.

I am grateful to have the opportunity twice a year to hear modern revelation that the Lord has for us. I am grateful for a living prophet, President Monson. The world is a scary place and especially currently with the financial world problems and so many other things that sometimes it's scary to look into the future. But I came away feeling uplifted and ready to enjoy everyday and make it the best day ever without worrying about tomorrow or next week or next year. I am ready to live for today, everyday. And the reason why is because I know that the only thing that really matters is that I know and have a personal relationship with my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ. If I keep that strong and live the gospel the best I can, then nothing else really matters in the eternal perspective of things.

Oh, I just love conference!

Plus, there's nothing like snuggling my honey on the couch while eating and listening to the prophets and apostles teach us.

(the picture is Savy's rendition of the Conference Center pulpit. I thought it was pretty darn good!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

How funny! I came home from the hospital with my girls the night before Conference last October. I was useless the next few days. All I WANTED to do was sleep, but all I GOT to do was feed constantly hungry (but falling asleep) babies.

Amy said...

I made that salsa, too, this weekend! Love Sav's picture. And I loved making snacks with you. Thanks for all your help this week on my seemingly never-ending projects!