Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grandma's Birthday at the Park

Yesterday Amy and I picked up the kinders and headed to a park by G&G Jones' house. I love doing things with G&G because my kids absolutely adore them!

We invited the Jones' boy's wives and kids which always makes for fun times and conversation (especially since we don't get to see them as much as we should). The cousins all had a blast and Amy (of course) made a delicious cake called a hummingbird cake. Scott and Stephanie's latest edition - Emmit (but I don't know how to spell his name)Amberlee was quarantined because of an undiagnosed sickness. Poor girl, she really didn't feel well and by the end was begging Emily to go home and go to bed.

The big hit of the day with my chicas was the baby swings.

Did I ever mention my London has some major personality??? These pics speak for themselves!
This last one makes me go into fits of laughter every time I look for it. Her arms look tiny and it looks like her head is on backwards -- I'm telling you that if you haven't been around London lately, these pictures are her to a tee, she's wild and crazy. And yet there is also a sweet and tender side to my psycho child. I love her to death! And I'm quite interested to see if she and Collin get along and how they will act together when Megan moves here because I know Collin is just as crazy in his own right.

Someone else enjoyed the swings just as much!
See her two front teeth that are popping out?

Someone who didn't enjoy the baby swing as much was Aidan. He climbed himself into one and then got STUCK! I tried to lift him out, but the boy is seriously too heavy for me. So I called Stephanie to come help me. The mother of two boys herself claimed she could do it with her big muscles. Yeah right. She tried to no avail and we both just laughed as I lifted and she pushed his legs up through the holes. Free at last. I told A never to climb into one of those again because Aunt Mandi would not get him out again.


2 comments:

Amy said...

fun times! I still wish you had captured a picture of Aidan trapped there (ha!). London was crazy at joy school today, by the way. I'll have to try to remember some of the things she said...for your entertainment.

Megan said...

London is nuts, it will be interesting to see her and Collin interact.
I'm so excited to be there and participate in all these little activities you guys are always doing!