Saturday, December 22, 2007

Addiction

I have a confession to make - and it has to do with this Christmas tree. No, it is not my tree, but you may notice that it's a bit shinier than most and then you look closer and see what it's made of . . .

Mountain Dew cans.

My confession is that I crave Mountain Dew lately. I blame it on pregnancy, but who knows?? I used to love the stuff, then I went off it and thought it was nasty, sugary and syrupy and now, for some unexplained reason, I crave it again. Ugh! Honestly, the only thing that holds me back from drinking one or more a day is the thought of all the sugar and the following weight-gain on my body. So, I suffice with one every couple of days and I just dream of having one the other days. I could blame it on the holidays and all the energy that I need to have to get stuff done and so I convince myself that the caffeine will help me make it through the day/night/church, but that's just an excuse, isn't it?

Amy's Jim replaced his Code Red addiction with Ruby Red Crystal Light, so maybe I should start looking for a more healthy substitute before my baby comes out needing an IV of Mountain Dew! (okay, I'm really exaggerating here and not THAT addicted...)

Megan sent me these pictures and I thought they were hilarious. Here's the finished product. . . and above in all it's lighted glory!



6 comments:

Megan said...

I knew you'd like that tree.
It's okay to have a mountain dew everyday, you probably need the extra weight! And ever since I've been pregnant I've been a Diet Coke whore. At least it's diet though, eh?

michelle said...

ohhh wow! I am going to have to show my boys the picture of this tree! They too love Mountain Dew.

Kelly said...

That tree is shockingly pretty at night. During the day is another story, though!

I'm feeling a little shocked about Jim's replaced Code Red addiction.

Merry Christmas to you!

elizabeth said...

That tree is too funny. And don't worry too much about the Mountain Dew addiction, it was always Diet Coke with me. The caffeine filters through your blood first and so the baby isn't even affected by it (did that make you feel better?, if so just pretend I didn't make that up)

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Amy said...

It's truly shocking how lovely the tree looks...until you scroll down to view the evil beneath. J/K...I have just never had a taste for Mountain Dew. It's pure nastiness to me. And Dr. Pepper is a close runner-up.