Friday, July 27, 2007

Tagged

Amy tagged me a couple days ago, so here it is --

4 Jobs I've had

1. My first job was a secretary at the BYU Word Processing Center in the Tanner Building helping the business/accounting professors. I loved it and the people I worked with.

2. Robert Half International -- as a temp and as an administrative assistant working with Megan and then taking over after she left until I left to have Savannah and stay at home.

3. Pampered Chef. About two years ago I started this and it was shocking to everyone not only that I started something like this, but more so that I enjoyed it and actually kept it up and did quite well. I loved meeting new people and getting out of the house! Plus, I loved the sense of accomplishment. I stopped a month or two ago, though, because it was getting to hard to work around Nate's unpredictable work schedule as he has many evening appointments. Since his work is way more important than my fun distraction. . . I stopped. I am sorely missing the deals and products, but I definitely have a well-stocked kitchen now! I am now a huge PC fan! If you are ever invited to a show -- you should go.

4. Being a mom has been my job for the past four and a half years and I love it. I have a feeling that I am on the verge of the craziness though -- with school and extra-curricular activities. Both my girls will be in preschool this year and I have only tipped the iceberg with dance lessons last year and swimming this summer. . . I'm sure as my girls get older it'll just get crazier - my sister, JoDee, always seems to be running her kids somewhere. . .

4 Places I've lived

1. Arizona - Flagstaff (where I was born), Mesa (most of my childhood), Chandler, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Page, Queen Creek (or Queentucky as Nate calls it - where we live now).

2. Denver, Colorado -- Actually, it was Lakewood and then Conifer (for BYU vacations). I have some fabulous memories of this place that I loathed moving to (it was the end of my sophomore year - how was I supposed to be happy about that?!). My parents, Megan and I had a blast - and Tyler before he left on his mission. Those were some fun times when Megan and I had some uhm interesting experiences together that make for some good and hilarious memories that we love to bring up again and again.

3. Provo, Utah while attending BYU. I love Provo. I love the Fall and the Spring. I love BYU campus and the changing of the leaves on the trees in the fall or the sense of impending freedom, excitement and laziness that comes with the spring as everyone lounges on the grass . . . love it.

4. Chile - Santiago, Peumo and Pichilemu. Love the mission. Loved the people - both the natives as well as my comps. In fact, two of my comps have blogs, Hermanas Vaneps and Clawson.

4 Favorite TV shows

1. 24 - anyone who's watched this has to love Jack Bauer. I know I do.

2. Lost - I can only watch this and 24 on Netflix rentals. I don't cope well with watching it interrupted with commercials and not being able to watch more than 40-minutes progress a week in the story-line. I think I have patience issues. So I wait until the season is released on dvd and then have a marathon -- I like it much better that way.

3. I have to say that I honestly don't watch any shows regularly on tv. I have started watching random political shows on CNN though that I find quite interesting and I even watched the Democratic You-Tube debate the other night! I don't know what Nate and I were thinking but it was actually quite interesting. Can't wait for the Republican one in September!

4. I blame my lack of tv watching on the fact that I don't have dvr or tivo. I know everyone lives by it and I think it'd be cool, but I'm rather afraid of becoming addicted -- as I become addicted to Lost or 24 when I'm renting them. I'm quite happy not knowing what I'm missing right now. We'll see how long that lasts. . .

4 Favorite Foods

1. I love White Chocolate Kit Kats or Strawberries.

2. Tomato, Basil Spinach Fettuccine with Shrimp. I made this for my mother-in-law's birthday two weeks ago and realized once again how much I love it! I'll have to post the recipe sometime. It's very easy and feels like fine dining.

3. Smoothies. Any kind, any day. I dream of owning my own VitaMix. . .

4. My latest kick has been granola, strawberries, blueberries and vanilla yogurt all mixed together. A fabulous breakfast!

4 Websites I frequent

1. Yahoo for Email

2. Arizona Federal Credit Union as I am in charge of all bill-paying in this household

3. Netflix for movies

4. Blogs to catch up on friends and family

4 Places I'd rather be right now

1. Unfortunately, like Megan, as pathetic as it sounds, I'd love to be in a Step class right now at the gym. I am seriously missing living close to a gym and the consistency it gave me in my workout schedule. My girls even miss the "play-place" as they called it.

2. Anywhere in the world alone with Nate. We need a vacation without our children. I love traveling and want to see the rest of the world with him at my side.

3. In the National Gallery in London, sitting in front of one of my favorite paintings - Lady Jane (not sure if that's the exact name) or in the Cortauld Gallery (in London) looking at a Van Gogh.

4. Resting in a hammock in the mountains, sipping ice cold water.

4 Movies I love

1. Pride & Prejudice - the A&E version with Colin Firth

2. Lady Jane

3. Shooting Fish -- a regular rental on those nights in London when we didn't want to spend money - nearly every weekend at least one group from the BYU program rented it. Very British and very wacky.

4. Music From Another Room -- yet another wacky show yet so . . . me.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I didn't realize you liked Lady Jane as much as me. I have it down on my netflix queue, maybe I'll wait for you to come visit and we can watch it together. :)

Amy said...

Yay for you finishing your list! And you verged a bit from the one I secretaried for you...truly impressive. I need to watch 24 sometime to know what I've been missing.

michelle said...

I haven't heard of Music from Another room. What is it about? I like the title! :) Fun to get to know more about you!

Anonymous said...

Mandi, I am back and have caught up on your blogs. I love your lists and your resistence to the modern age of TV. I'm with you - I don't want to know what I'm missing! Cyndee